Uludağ Premium Advanced Trail, which has a length of 66 km and an elevation of 3600 m, consists of 60% path, 30% single track and 10% asphalt road. It is a course with high technical characteristics and a challenge to test the performance of the runners. The race will start at 06:00 am on 23th July 22, Saturday. Start and finish points are in the hotels area and the maximum finishing time is 17 hours.
IMPORTANT: Athletes at sea level may have negative effects on their performance when they reach high altitude. Although varying from person to person, respiratory rate may not change significantly up to 2000-2500. Fatigue, drowsiness, feeling of nausea, vomiting and loss of mental decision making may be encountered because of lacking of oxygen at high altitude.
HEALTH CERTIFICATE: For all tracks of Uludağ Premium Ultra Trail race, a health certificate (valid until 23th July, 2022) must be obtained.
MANDATORY EQUIPMENT AND PREPERATION
EQUIPMENT TEST AND PREPERATION: Selecting the appropriate equipment is a very important factor in the success of your race. Ultra durability requires extensive preparation to the race, including the choice of equipment you will take. The end of July in the Uludağ region may be hot (more than 20°C), but with rain, hail or snow may be also very cold (below 0°C above 2000m). Your equipment must be suitable to withstand any condition and allow you to spend long hours on the racing course. In case of any incident, your equipment must ensure that you wait for help under safe conditions. All runners must have the equipment required by the organization to avoid the risk of penalties. It is very important to prepare your equipment according to the actual conditions and test it in your trainings before the race. Please do not be minimalist while considering weight as a concern. You can increase your chance of success and your performance through logical selection.
EQUIPMENT: To ensure that safety and races are carried out well, each participant must have all of the following mandatory equipments. Weather conditions and long hours of races are the main factors that make equipment mandatory. Depending on the weather conditions, the organization may make changes on the mandatory equipment and notify the competitors. Each participant agrees to present the mandatory equipment determined by the organizers at the registration desk and to keep all with them during the event.
1. Pack suitable for racing conditions,
2. Visibly placed front race number during the whole race,
3. Timing chip (given by the organization),
4. Mobile phone (smartphone strongly recommended / the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race / load into its memory the organization’s security numbers / an external battery is highly recommended),
5. Personal beaker 15 cl minimum,
6. Supply of water of 1 litre minimum,
7. Headlamp in good working order with spare cells (200 lumens or more recommended),
8. Survival blanket of 1.40m x 2m minimum,
10. Self adhesive elasticated bandage which can serve as a bandage or strapping (minimum 100 cm x 6 cm),
11. Food reserve (3-4 energy gels or similar sports foods are recommended for performance and urgent requirements.),
12. Jacket with hood which will withstand bad weather in the mountains and made with a waterproof* and breathable** membrane (Minimum recommended 10 000 Schmerber, Goretex),
13. Cap, hat or bandana,
14. Long-sleeved top layer (Minimum 180 g and not recommended for cotton.),
16. ID – passport/ID card.
* Mentioned equipment above must be shown at the registration desk.
2. Sun cream,
4. Vaseline or similar creams,
5. A sum of money,
6. GPS watch,
7. Knife or scissors for cutting elasticated bandage,
8. Suitable trail-running shoes.